The City of Brooklyn, Ohio has enlisted McBride Dale Clarion, a planning and zoning consultant firm from Cincinnati, Ohio, to help rewrite the city’s Planning and Zoning Code.
The code update, at a minimum, will address the following:
- A new modern look and organization
- Updated definitions
- Updated uses and use standards
- Updated and expanded lighting, parking, design, sustainability, and landscape regulations
- Updated sign regulations
- Streamline review and approval process
PROCESS. The process began in the summer of 2021 and is intended to be completed in the fall of 2022. The overview of the project’s schedule and tasks can be found here.
ENGAGE. There will be plenty of opportunities for the residents and stakeholders of Brooklyn to participate in this process. Public meetings will be held throughout in addition to virtual presentations, stakeholder interviews, and online content. For more information on the project’s engagement opportunities click here.
ADVISORY COMMITTEE. The code update will also be guided by a group of Brooklyn’s citizens, elected officials, and stakeholders. This Advisory Committee is tasked with a number of responsibilities including:
- Officially represent the citizens in the zoning update process.
- Provide guidance and direction to the staff and consultants at crucial steps in the process.
- Act as spokespersons for the effort.
- Serve as hosts at public events during the process.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with conducting outreach and facilitation at public meetings.
- Volunteer to facilitate at public meetings.
- Disseminate information during the zoning update process through their individual networks.
- Serve as stewards of the code once it is adopted.
For a list of Advisory Committee members click here.
To understand the importance of this project for our community click here.
To understand why our community needs this project now click here.